Interviews close, end-of-September 2019.
Qubic Group plc has opportunities for Advanced Level Apprenticeships in the Computing Sector. Successful candidate will participate in a year-long programme with Qubic and its education partner, Solveway that coordinates Couse work and college attendance.
Period of Apprenticeship: 1 year
Salary: £7,800 for the first year
Ideally, a minimum of 3 GCSEs at Grade C/4, to include Maths and English
Details of the Apprenticeship Role
- Liaising with Apprenticeship Mentor, Service Manager & Service Desk Manager on daily basis to obtain duties
- To carry out all / any remote programming and support calls as required
- Assist in installing equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications and within Qubic Group’s standards
- Assist in installing cabling points and testing
- Maintain customers equipment to agreed Qubic standards both on site and remotely
- Study for planned exams, researching relevant IT and telephony topics, self- learning
- Complete all documentation as requested by the Company
- Attend customer sites with qualified Engineers as directed by the Project Management Team
- Attend all training courses as required to fulfil the responsibilities of the position
- Timely submission of documentation and work completion to Service Control
- Complete training and exams as requested by Management and training provider
Personal Qualities required of the Successful Candidate
- Planning and organising
- Honesty and integrity
- Confident and mature attitude
- Keen to learn and contribute
Ability to communicate credibly at all levels
Passionate about all aspects of IT and telephony including some physical work such as cabling
Knowledge of Data communications products and applications in a business environment
Some experience of Data & Telephony products and applications preferable
Driving Licence and own vehicle with business class insurance will be a requirement of the role at a later stage
A positive attitude to dealing with people
Desire to pursue a Degree within IT on successful completion of early years of the apprenticeship
Progression onto a Level 4 for the right candidate will be available.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard which consists of a CIW Internet Business Associate Exam and 4 globally recognised Microsoft Certificates:
- MTA Network Fundamentals
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Server Administration
- MTA HTML 5 Applications Development Fundamentals
Level 2 functional Skills training for Maths and/or English will be taught If required.
Qubic’s Offices are approximately 40min walk from St Albans train station, however its located on a good bus route.
During your apprenticeship you will be required to complete a workplace portfolio, participate in classroom training and complete any employer training, all of which will count towards your 20% off the job training.
An insight into off the job training can be found here:
We will assess your prior learning using your CV, an In-Depth interview and the completion of a skill scan and will adjust the apprenticeship accordingly. This will ensure you are learning new knowledge, skills and behaviours.